Renters insurance is a necessity whether you rent a one-bed studio or a five-bed townhouse. Having sufficient coverage ensures your valuables are protected should the worst happen. There is nothing worse than dealing with water damage or the remnants of a fire with zero coverage. And unfortunately, landlords don’t have the responsibility of providing you with full coverage for your personal possessions.
Potentially, you carry the burden of replacing or repairing your most expensive items and it’s a hefty price to pay. Good renters insurance can be an invaluable tool during a crisis. The right provider can protect your clothes, jewelry, electronic devices, and more. Toggle Insurance is a leading provider for renters. It’s a fantastic insurer for those who need reliable renters insurance. And, it’s affordable too.
An Overview of Toggle Renters Insurance
Despite Toggle being a newcomer to the insurance industry, it looks very promising. It offers basic coverage for renters – however – it goes beyond that too. While it isn’t fully operational in all 50 States, it remains a popular choice among renters. Toggle Insurance is different and unique, not to mention, there’s a charm about it that makes you want to learn more. It aims to provide blanket property and liability insurance rather than focus on property damage coverage which is great.
Depending on the subscription you choose you can get peace of mind without breaking the bank. Of course, the very basic coverage won’t protect every single item you own but it still offers a good level of protection. If you want full property protection, you’ll pay slightly more but again, that’s not such a terrible thing.Back to Top ↑
Unique Insurance Subscriptions for All Renters
One of the more interesting things about Toggle is that it’s pretty unique in terms of how it offers protection for its customers. It isn’t just a one-policy-fits-all; it actually looks at customizing a plan for each individual renter to fit their circumstances perfectly. That’s useful on so many levels because it’s not too often insurers are willing to go to such lengths. And, there are different subscriptions to suit your requirements.
- The Basic SubscriptionThis, as you might’ve guessed, is the least expensive coverage you can get with Toggle. It only costs $5 which is reasonable and unlikely to break the bank; however, it is limited to what it covers. This, essentially, offers the very basic liability protection a landlord would need for their renters and very minimal coverage for personal items. While it might seem restricted, this plan still has a lot to offer, nonetheless. You start with a $500 deductible but that also comes with $1,000 blanket coverage and $100,000 liability protection for medical and legal costs.
- The Standard SubscriptionThis subscription offers slightly more than the basic plan but that also means the costs per month increase to $12.50. Again, it’s not overly expensive and is a very reasonable (and affordable) rate for a typical middle-tier plan. This is more suited if you want slightly more coverage for your personal items and could be useful if you’re a first-time renter or just starting out for the first time. Fortunately, the deductible remains at $500 which is great and there’s slightly more cover for your personal belongings.
- The Premium SubscriptionThe last insurance package from Toggle is the Premium subscription and this is the most expensive of the lot. Monthly costs start around $25, which isn’t too bad but costs could increase depending on the level of overall cover you include. For instance, if you were to include add-ons, this could push the monthly costs up slightly. The Premium subscription does offer $100 per day for temporary living costs and liability coverage of up to $200,000. It’s actually a very nice package and covers some of your highly-priced items too. One of the more interesting things about Toggle is that it’s pretty unique in terms of how it offers protection for its customers. It isn’t just a one-policy-fits-all; it actually looks at customizing a plan for each individual renter to fit their circumstances perfectly. That’s useful on so many levels because it’s not too often insurers are willing to go to such lengths. And, there are different subscriptions to suit your requirements.
Back to Top ↑
Building a Personalized Toggle Insurance Plan Just For You
When you choose a standard or premium Toggle subscription, you have the option of customizing your insurance plan. That’s really impressive because it means you can build a personalized insurance plan suited to your requirements. It’s useful and different from many others. What’s more, you can ensure what you need covered is and it offers some peace of mind too.
- Technology Protection Customizing your package can be useful and may cover most of your everyday electronics like your laptop and smartphone. Technology coverage is useful, especially if you own expensive devices. You have the option to choose the protection of up to $10,000 and will cover things such as computers, gaming consoles, TVs and tablets, drones, and much more. You can be insured against lost items and accidental damage. Of course, higher coverage will impact your monthly premiums. If you want to cut costs, try to keep within a reasonable limit, one that covers the entire cost of your devices. For instance, if your devices cost no more than $4,000 to replace then don’t exceed that amount. What’s more, if you don’t have many devices (or expensive ones) you’re less likely to require a higher coverage amount.
- Household Appliances and Furniture Protection Furniture and appliance costs can vary considerably, whether you buy high-end goods or pick up a bargain online. Adding protection for these things can be useful and you can choose coverage of up to $20,000. That’s useful for most renters and should offer sufficient protection for the everyday furniture pieces you use. Items covered include beds, chairs, owned kitchen appliances, desks, cookware, tables, and more. Of course, if you don’t want this type of cover, or feel it’s unnecessary, you don’t need to have it. This is still a good option to have, nonetheless; however, it will impact your monthly costs.
- Jewelry and Fashion Coverage Whether you have expensive jewelry pieces, a handbag fetish, or a lover of expensive sneakers, there is cover available for them all. For most, they don’t have expensive items toppings $100,000 but if you have a few pieces you may want to protect them. The fashion and jewelry coverage can cover accessories such as rings, watches, handbags and shoes, and even makeup. And, you can get coverage of up to $10,000 too.
- Creative and Maker Coverage Cameras, tools, DJ equipment, musical instruments, art supplies, and much more can be covered with this protection. This is ideal if you have a few musical items at home, whether they’ve expensive or inexpensive; it can all add up. Having extra protection may enable you to replace some damaged items.
- Active Protection If you’re an active person and have lots of home gym equipment, this add-on will be crucial. You can get coverage of up to $10,000 which is ideal if you have a lot of expensive exercise equipment at home. What’s more, if you a proficient cycler, it can cover your bike too. If you have a $50 bike, this is unlikely to be for you but it’s still a great option to have available.
- Protection for Your Collectibles It doesn’t matter how large or small your collection might be, if you own any collectibles this is protection worth considering. You can have protection for valuable pieces of art, trading cards, toys, antiques, and sports memorabilia, along with other such things. There is the option to cover the replacement costs for these items or their value up to $10,000.
- Choosing a Deductible Deductibles at Toggle start as low as $100 and reach $1,000. The deductible is what you pay if you ever need to make a claim. And while it might sound better going for a smaller one, it may cost more in the long-term. A lower deductible usually results in higher monthly insurance payments. On the other hand, if you were to choose a higher deductible, you’d get a lower monthly payment. It’s useful to pay a lower amount if you have the money set aside for the deductible but if not, a slightly higher deductible could bring down your monthly premiums.
- Liability Coverage This is one of the more important parts of personalizing your insurance subscription plan because accidents happen all the time. Your guests will have medical expenses and there may be legal costs too. Having protection against such things may prevent you from going bust.
Building Credit with Toggle
Toggle has teamed up with LevelCredit and offers an interesting proposition. Every time you pay your rent, you’ll build up credit. LevelCredit reports the monthly payments you make to the major credit bureaus, allowing you to improve your credit. It’s actually a very smart idea, especially when you haven’t established much credit. What’s more, it’s a way to get your foot on the ladder without having to take on credit cards.
It does cost an additional $6.95 per month but it could be a simpler way to build your credit. And, you can also opt in to report past payments too. Of course, if you haven’t paid your rent or are always late then it’s maybe one feature to avoid.Back to Top ↑
You can also opt for add-on coverage.
- Protection on the Road: If you’re traveling, this can be useful if you damage or lose your laptop or smartphone. Even if you’re outside the country, your devices should be protected.
- Temporary Living Costs: While it isn’t available with a basic subscription, it’s a useful add-on for standard or premium subscriptions. You can have living costs covered if you’re not able to live on your property. It’s only payable for the first month of being out of the home.
- Identity Protector: Anyone can be a victim of identity theft. Having sufficient protection against this is essential. If you add this insurance you get a monitoring service which helps to identify when your information is wrongly used. If you ever need to make a claim, the insurance will help deal with litigation and resolve the problem.
- Property Coverage: This covers your personal property such as furniture, jewelry, electronics, valuables, and many other items. You can get the replacement value for your items or get the cost to repair it. Unfortunately, this is only available for premium and standard plans.
- Pet Parent Coverage: If you’re a pet owner, this type of add-on will help to cover the costs of damage caused by your beloved animal. It’s useful and while it does cost extra, it’s useful.
Add-on and extra cover can be useful to offer more protection. And, it’s ideal how diversified the protection is. And, there is protection for a small side business and much more.Back to Top ↑
Applying For Toggle Renters Insurance
It’s incredibly easy to apply for Toggle renters insurance. When you sign up on their website, you’ll have to provide them with some personal details. You’ll need to disclose your full name and date of birth, along with your address. Toggle uses the information to find the most appropriate insurance for your requirements according to your age. Then, you can choose a plan and customize it as necessary. It’s easy to do and your insurance plan can be set up in very little time.
And, for every year you make no insurance claims, your next deductible will be reduced. That’s a nice touch and a welcome incentive to opt for Toggle.Back to Top ↑
Toggle Insurance makes renters insurance simple. It offers basic protection but enables you to expand and personalize your insurance so you get the right cover. Toggle Insurance is flexible. You can create a plan just for your rental needs and is ideal, to say the least. There aren’t many insurers able to provide such flexibility so it’s great to see Toggle able to do so. Toggle Insurance does offer a lot to renters everywhere.Back to Top ↑