Homeowner’s insurance is essential for any homeowner who wants to protect themselves, their property, their valuables, and the people who visit their home in case of any accidents, natural disasters, or other issues that could cause harm or damage. And in the world of homeowner’s insurance, there are many different providers to choose from, with Progressive being one of the best known.
Overview of Progressive Home Insurance
Progressive is one of the biggest insurance companies operating in America. It was founded back in 1937 and is perhaps best known for its vehicle insurance, covering cars, motorcycles, boats, and more. But as well as car insurance, Progressive has also expanded into the home insurance market too. With 24/7 customer service and useful digital tools that help you find the right package for your property, Progressive is a popular choice with many homeowners.
Progressive aims to bring the same high standards of quality and reliability to its home insurance plans and packages as it does in the car insurance market, offering comprehensive plans that provide a lot of coverage. It also offers a range of bonus features like potential discounts for owners of alarms and safety devices, as well as new homeowners.
In fact, Progressive actually works with a network of trusted home insurance companies, so when you apply for a quote from Progressive, you get a few different prices and can compare your options and choose the right one for you. Progressive is the only major home insurance company to offer rate comparisons in this way.Back to top ↑
What Does Progressive Home Insurance Cover?
Progressive home insurance covers the following:
- Dwelling – Covers any damage to your home, including parts like the roof and garage.
- Additional Structures – Covers damage to additional structures on your property like fences and sheds.
- Liability – Covers all legal fees you might have to pay if someone gets injured at your home.
- Medical – Covers the medical costs of anyone who gets injured at your home. Personal
- Valuables – Covers the cost of personal items that are stolen or damaged.
- Loss of Use – Covers the living costs you incur when you have to live outside your home due to accidents, natural disasters, and other issues that prevent you from living at the property.
- Water – Covers water damage due to issues like faulty sump pumps.
- Personal Injuries – Covers legal fees from any personal injuries or issues like wrongful evictions or false arrests.
How to Apply for Progressive Home Insurance
To get Progressive home insurance, simply follow these steps:
- Visit the Progressive site for an online quote.
- Enter your ZIP code in the box provided on the main home insurance page.
- Enter some basic information about yourself and the property. You’ll need to provide information regarding how long you’ve been living at the home, the home’s size, who you live with, and more.
- Enter some information about your current HOI provider, if you have one, and history of any insurance claims.
- Progressive will then provide quotes from its network of companies for you to compare.