Renters insurance is highly advisable for every tenant with valuable items in their apartment. If you’ve got high-end electronics, designer clothing, top-class furniture, and expensive jewelry, you should try to keep them safe from unexpected occurrences like fire, theft, and vandalism. With Renters Insurance, you don’t have to pay the full costs of replacing or repairing your covered items in the event that they get stolen or damaged. There are many insurance companies in the US that offer the best renters policies, but only a few will give you amazing discounts and additional coverage for special items. One of them is Liberty Mutual.
Overview of Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Liberty Mutual has been in the insurance market for over 100 years and it is one of the largest insurance companies in America. It was founded in 1912 and is well-known for its competitive rates, discounts, and digital tools. The company is the 6th largest casualty and property insurer globally with a presence in 29 countries all over the world. It also ranks at number 77 in the Fortune Ranking.
Liberty Mutual is best known for its home insurance plans which feature easy claim-filing processes and many added benefits. Its renters’ insurance policies are just as good as its home insurance plans. It offers many comprehensive plans in this area and several special coverage plans in case you have special needs.
Liberty Mutual will provide you with the right insurance directly rather than referring you to their affiliates. This means you get insured by a company with a great track record. Regardless of your location in the US, you can get a renters insurance plan with Liberty Mutual.Back to top ↑
What Does Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Liberty renters insurance policies will cover almost everything in your apartment including your jewelry. Some of its coverages include:
- Personal Property – This is a big part of every standard renters’ insurance policy. If your possessions get stolen or damaged during a break-in, this plan will repair or replace the affected items as long as they are covered by your policy. The personal property coverage could also extend to domestic hazards like fires. Overall, if you lose any of your covered items, Liberty Mutual will pay up the cost.
- Liberty & Medical Payments – This plan is very important especially if you have visitors in your house all the time. If someone gets injured in your apartment, you would have to brace up for lawsuits and medical expenses. This is where this plan comes in. For example, if a guest slips on your kitchen floor and gets injured, this plan will pay your legal fees if you get sued. It will also pay for the medical costs of the injured person.
- Additional Living Expenses – A pipe burst, gas leak, or fire could make your apartment uninhabitable. This means you would have to stay somewhere while your landlord makes the necessary repairs. This coverage will cover your living costs and pay for temporary lodging and feeding until your apartment gets fixed.
- Personal Property Replacement Cost – This is an add-on policy that is not part of the standard coverage plan. This plan will completely replace the covered items if they get stolen.
- Blanket Jewelry – Jewelry like engagement rings, necklaces, and bracelets can be quite expensive. While you might trust in yourself to keep them safe, it is pretty easy to lose them. With the blanket jewelry plan, you don’t have to worry about losing your jewelry or replacing them with your own money.
- Earthquake Damage – Earthquakes aren’t really a good sight and they would make you lose things you hope to keep. With this plan, you can replace and repair items that fall or break during an earthquake.
How to Apply for Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Applying for Liberty Mutual Insurance is very easy. The company will help you to customize your plans so that you will only pay for things you want to cover. Before opting for a plan, you should take note of your possessions so that you can determine the right coverage limit for yourself and your belongings. With all that taken down, you can go ahead and apply for insurance following these simple steps:
- Go to the Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance official page
- Type in your zip code in the space provided to get a quote
- Enter your personal information and some basic information about your apartment to get a personalized quote. You might get a discount depending on your insurance history.
- Once your quote is all set up, you can then finalize and go on to purchase the insurance plan.