Student loans are essential for the vast majority of people wishing to seek out some form of higher education, but there are many different providers of student loans out there, and you can actually save a lot of money in the long run and get a better, safer deal by shopping around. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at one student loan company you might be interested in: Credible.
Overview of Credible
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Credible isn’t actually a provider of student loans. Instead, it’s an online marketplace for student loans and student loan refinancing, where users can find the best loans by comparing options from a range of different providers. Aiming to offer instant, accurate results, simple explanations, and easier access to the best possible student loan offers, Credible basically acts as the ultimate loan comparison platform for students and parents too.Back to top ↑
Features of Credible Student Loans
So, what makes Credible stand out as a solid site to choose for student loans and student loan refinancing? Let’s take a look at some key features:
- Totally Free – While some comparison sites nowadays charge a small fee to their users or offer different paid subscription models, Credible keeps things very simple and offers its services totally for free. You’ll never have to worry about paying a penny on this site, as it’s the lenders who pay Credible if they obtain a new client via the platform.
- Instant and Immediate Results – Searching through one student loan site after another can get very tiring and frustrating. Credible aims to ease the whole process along by letting you enjoy instant and accurate loan offers from a range of different providers like College Ave, Citizens Bank, SoFi, SunTrust, Sallie Mae, and Ascent, all at the touch of a button.
- No Hard Credit Checks – Another unique factor of the Credible student loan and student loan refinancing marketplace is that you can actually see whether or not you’ll qualify for a range of different loan providers, as well as seeing what rates they have to offer you, without the risk of a hard credit check. So, you can safely use the site without any adverse effects to your credit score.
How Does Credible Work?
So, we’ve seen some of the main advantages of choosing Credible to find the best possible option for your student loans. How does the platform work? It’s really very simple:
- Fill Out A Form – To start off on Credible, simply visit the site and head to the student loans section. There, you’ll be asked to fill out a form with some information about yourself, your co-signer if you have one, and the school you’ll be attending.
- Compare – Credible will then show you a range of different lenders, letting you quickly and easily compare the rates and options in order to find the best one. You can use various filters to narrow down your selection.
- Choose A Lender – Then, all you have to do is pick the right lender for you and move forward with the process, providing more information and then getting a hard credit check to confirm the offer.